Thursday, June 17, 2010

Produce Order

Sisters,
We are going to attempt to do this produce sale again this year. The
rules on the sale have not changed.... We must have at least 150
boxes of produce ordered, in order to avoid a $2 per box transport
charge. So far we only have 10 boxes ordered and 10 watermelon. So
we have a ways to go.
Here's what happened.... Due to the late planting of this produce it
will be ready later in the summer. I am HOPING that June 26 will be a
good date for delivery. BUT, I just read an email from Lucy Stern of
the Houston North Stake, in which she said they told her that delivery
will begin on July 15th. If that this the case, I only have a couple
of SATURDAYS available - July 17 & 31, unless someone can take my
place since I will be at the Cannery on July 24th in the morning.
This is not a sale which should be advertised during a regular RS or
church meeting. It can be offered, IF you are also going to connect
it with a RS activity in homes - teaching sisters how to do good ol'
fashioned canning in Mason-type jars, or freezing or drying methods
for preserving food. That is up to each individual ward.
Otherwise, please send this out to each of your ward members so that
they may have the opportunity of deciding if they want to participate.
Time is of the essence in this. I need to have a good count of how
many boxes we may be ordering by June 18th - about 2 weeks. I need to
know if there are enough orders to reach the mandatory 150 boxes to
qualify for free shipping costs.
Please have your members call (281-398-1116) or email
(beckie.morales@gmail.com) me with their preliminary orders with this
information:
1) Quantity of each item ordered
2) Which date would NOT be possible for pickup - June 26, July 17,
July 24, July 31?
3) Name, phone, email address, and ward of person ordering
Thanks for your help. I am attaching a PDF file of the order form, so
that they can be filled out. When it comes time to pay for the
orders, I will ask that they send this order form with their check, so
that I have a good record of what is being ordered.
In the past members have been thrilled with the produce they have
purchased. We only do this once a year, so let's see if we can do it
again this year!

Beckie

Sisters if you would like place an order let me know and I will send you the original email with order form attached or contact Becky directly. Thanks Jami Hansen.

No comments: