Hi everyone,
The month of July is almost over. We had a great time at the Cannery
this morning. I can say that they have started excavations for the
new addition for the peanut butter factory. I'm sure that things will
pick up even faster in the next few weeks. I want to thank all who
went and participated. We "accidentally" did more than was needed of
apples and black beans - which actually was good because others were
able to buy of those extras on the shelves. We had a good time, and
shared some ways of using our food.
I'm writing this as a reminder to all:
1) SEPTEMBER CANNERY ORDERS due this week.
I am setting August 1st (SUNDAY at 5pm) as the deadline for the
orders. I need to fax the stake totals to the cannery personnel by
Monday morning, Order forms can be used from this website (choose
United States version):
http://www.providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,8133-1-4352-1,00.html
Follow these easy instructions: 1) fill out on line, 2) "SAVE
AS" on your computer using your name and date of session for the
title, 3) email me and attach the file you saved to the email. You
don't have to print it out and then scan or do any other special stuff
- or just send me a list of what you want.
Our scheduled Cannery dates are as follows:
September 2nd (Thursday - 10am - 2pm)
September 11th (Saturday - 2pm - 6pm)
2) METAL LIDS to make the Rubbermaid square canisters airtight - I
still have them for 60¢ each.
Anyone who is just arriving in Houston and finds they need some
economical, but the most efficient, storage containers - this is the
best combination. As I said before, my freeze dried foods have been
in them now for over a year (some of them) and they are just as
lightweight and dry as when I first put them into the jar. I have not
had this good luck with the most expensive canisters on the market
with "rubber" gaskets around the lid. I'm attaching a flyer with the
info. I will not be buying the square canisters in bulk, so there
will be no orders for these. You can just buy them locally for about
the same price as I could get IF I ordered over 5000 at a time.
3) WATER BOB orders -
This is a "last minute" water storage helper, for those who want
to use their bathtubs as a container for water if you are preparing
for a direct hit of a hurricane. They are to be used only once and
are recyclable. Here is their website:
http://www.waterbob.com/Welcome.do
These are the plastic "bladders" which can be filled in a bathtub
to keep the water potable for up to 3-4 weeks, if necessary. If you
just fill a bathtub without this plastic container, the water is only
good for washing and flushing the toilet.
Lucy Stern in the Houston North Stake has let us know about the
order. If you have at least 20 orders in your own ward, you can have
the order sent directly to your home - - - do it yourself! Katy 2nd
Ward already has at least 20 ordered.
Contact Susan if you would like to add to her order - 281-395-4830.
Otherwise, contact Lucy Stern to join with her orders - 281-444-8504.
This week is the deadline. If interested - CONTACT EITHER OF THESE
SISTERS BY TOMORROW AFTERNOON.
If anyone else is doing any group orders of something that you think
would be interesting for emergency preparedness or food storage,
please let me pass it on to the others in the stake. I'm sure that we
would be giving our members as many different ideas and low cost ways
of preparing for the future as possible. I will pass them on to the
rest of the group.
Thanks for all you are doing.
Have a great weekend!
Beckie
No comments:
Post a Comment