Okay,
The produce has been delivered and almost everyone has picked their
food up. We switch gears now to dry pack....
DRY PACK CANNERY: -- due Wednesday at 9pm
I am now taking orders for the August 5 (Thursday at 10am--or earlier)
and August 7 (Saturday at 8am) sessions. So far we have 1 order for
Thursday and 2 orders for Saturday. The sessions are wide open. This
is a great time to get in and out quickly.
I am not sure, but there may be a new cash register by those
sessions.... The church will be installing new cash registers that
will take debit cards and credit cards, but I can't say exactly when
that installation date will happen.
This does not mean that I am encouraging people to use credit cards to
get their food storage, but it may be another mode of payment for
those who use their credit cards wisely (paying off the balance EVERY
month - so they never pay interest). The Lord does not want us to go
into debt to follow his commandments - but he does want us to
obey...even if it is a tiny bit at a time.
Please email me the orders - a list of the quantity and the type of
container for each food is all I need. For instance:
5 cans milk,
1 bulk white rice
2 pouches black beans
You do not have to try and fill out the form on line and send it to
me. If you do want to send the order form, please follow these
directions:
Fill out the form on-line
(http://www.providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,8133-1-4352-1,00.html)
- "Home Storage Center Order Form--United States. The date should
be the DATE OF THE SESSION YOU WANT TO ATTEND (not today's date).
"SAVE AS" the form TO YOUR COMPUTER using a name that you will
recognize in a file or or desktop.
Send me an email attaching the "SAVED" file.
Since I will be leaving town this week, email orders are mandatory. I
won't be answering my phone. beckie.morales@gmail.com
GAMMA SEAL LIDS FOR 12' BUCKETS:
Lucy Stern from the Houston North Stake is going to be doing another
big order for the Gamma Seal Lids. The prices went up slightly - to
$6 each. It is still a bargain over the cost from Emergency
Essentials. There are multiple colors. I believe they even have
buckets for $4 each. If you are interested in buying any, you will
need to contact her -- lucy.stern@gmail.com
I would be able to bring them back from North Houston after my Cannery
session on July 24th, if anyone is interested and paid her directly to
order these lids. You can see what they look like and how they are
used at this website:
http://beprepared.com/category.asp_Q_c_E_444_A_name_E_Gamma%2520Seals
As a note about the buckets, you may get them usually free from
bakeries - such as HEB, Sam's, Fiesta, Randalls, etc. The bakeries
get their fillings and frostings in these big buckets, and many times
will just give them away if you go and ask. You may have to return
after requesting, so they can save them for you. The gamma seal is
attached almost permanently to the bucket, and then you just twist off
the center core to access whatever food you put inside. The 6-gallon
buckets are great for 72-hour kits, dry dog food, as well as dry foods
that you use often. Each bucket can hold at least 25 lbs of food -
depending on the product.... The twist off lid has a rubber gasket,
so when twisted on tightly, it makes a a great seal to prevent bugs
from getting into the food (I won't guarantee that if there are
already weevil eggs in your food.)
METAL LIDS for Rubbermaid "Pete" square canisters:
I have the metal lids available to convert Walmart's Rubbermaid "PETE"
square canisters, into air-tight containers. If anyone wants to buy
them, they are 60 cents each. Just email me your request, and we will
arrange a time to get them to you. They really work! My freeze-dried
foods are not going soft and mushy with the humid weather we are
having - even though my sugar is going lumpy in a different
"air-tight" canister that I paid $16 for at Bed Bath and Beyond.
WALTON FEED ORDER:
Coming soon, watch for the email about it. Jenna Strawn from Spring
Branch Ward is organizing it.
FROZEN BERRY ORDER:
I haven't heard anything about it yet. If anyone receives information
from John Gardner (Conroe Stake), please forward it to me, so I can
let everyone else know. I will not be gathering orders for this.
Usually this is done in each ward, directly with John. Frozen berries
defrost too fast to ask one person to take care of everything for Katy
Stake.
No comments:
Post a Comment